Collins English Dictionary v4.3.05.14475 (Patched)
New DioDict 4, Quick Search Enabled Electronic Dictionary, Now Available. The complete Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary. Made specially for learners of English. Over 146,000 words, meanings and examples. Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words. No internet connection needed.
Dictionary features include
Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary
41,000 word entries and 105,000 text samples including all frequently used words.
a long list of phrasal verbs with detailed descriptions of their meaning.
meanings explained using commonly used words only, so learners can easily understand entries.
British and American English vocabulary. British/American-only words are specially marked.
explanations and examples use natural sounding, commonly used grammar and expressions.
thousands of examples of real English showing learners how a word is normally used.
audio files with American native speakers’ pronunciation of words and sentences.
a pronunciation guide (IPA) with word stress shown next to each word entry.
large amount of grammatical information:
— parts of speech (noun, verb, adj. etc.) of each word.
— irregular verb forms and noun plurals.
— which prepositions are used with which verbs and adjectives.
— whether a noun is countable or non-countable.
Powerful & Specialized Functions
Easier Search with ‘Multi Search’
– When you enter a word to search, relevant sentence idioms and phrasal verbs are searched for and spelling is checked automatically.
– Multiple types of searches are available in a single search window without the need to select a search mode.
– Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
– Search not only for words, but for phrases or examples.
– Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
– The search results are listed in real-time when you enter a keyword.
– Links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
– Pronunciation guide from the built-in American Text To Speech (TTS) solution.
– History menu lists all your recent word searches.
– Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
– You can efficiently learn the words saved in the folders using the Cradle and Yes/No Quizzes function.
– Changed CI (copyright, icon, intro)
– Support for Android 7.0 (N OS) added
– Android Nougat Multi-window not supported
Requirements: Varies with device